Thread: Any gas installers on here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Any gas installers on here?

My mam had someone out at the house a week or so back trying to sell some upgrades on their gas system. From what I can make out, they really put on the hard sell - 'special discount valid for 5 days etc' - which immediately sets off alarm bells for me.

Anyway - the details of what they're providing is below. Would be curious to see if anyone knows what the going rate for the work should be.

BMWHaus Guru

Has he mentioned the SEAI grant of €700 for boiler and heating controls upgrade?

I have the name of a local gas installer and can get more recommendations for you in work on Tuesday.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Any gas installers on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Has he mentioned the SEAI grant of €700 for boiler and heating controls upgrade?

I have the name of a local gas installer and can get more recommendations for you in work on Tuesday.
    Grant is down there alright - EUR610? Am not sure if my parents will be going ahead with any upgrades - so no need to check on my behalf Andy - just more curious as to whether or not they're just trying to rip them off because they're getting on a bit.

BMWHaus Guru

Well there could be that alright.

But if the company proposing the work are a decent size they could be pushing as there are schemes available which some companies are registered on. If they can get a group together in a locality of oap/fuel poor/welfare assistance they can avail of extra grants which they may or may not be telling potential customers about. There are companies scrambling out there to get this type of work before others do.

BMWHaus Guru

This may be of interest to them. This is what my crowd are currently doing.

http://www.warmerhomes.ie/

BMWHaus Guru

The climote is a great piece of kit. I got one free when I switched back to Airtricity.