Hi lads, well this Is kinda a long story I'll make it as short as I can for ye, basically my uncle is a fisherman, does dredging and lobsters and all the crack with his boats, so today I was giving him a hand putting a boat he has onto a trailer and we had to make it as light as possible to make the drive easier for the tow car, so when we were taking out everything that wasn't bolted to the deck I noticed a samurai sword that was resting in the corner, ask the Uncle about it he said he pulled it up off the Sea bed one day when he was dredging back in the Maherees(co.kerry). Said I could have it cause otherwise he'll throw it away. Just wondering do ye no where I can go with something like this,? Just want to find out how old it Is, where it came from and all the usual stuff that goes along with these old tings. It look really cool from the outside has a wodden casing around the blade that's begging to split due the water I suppose and the hadle is all wrapped in a Kind of snake skin alligator skin type stuff with a kind of lace around it with cool knots, it looks really badass. Just afraid to pull the sheath off the blade incase I break it, cause it's really stuck on there with a lot of sea build up it nearly like concrete at this stage. I'll put up pics as soon as I get home

Any info would be great thanks