Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder Coated Wheels - Opinions Needed Please!

RE: Powder Coated Wheels - Opinions Needed Please!

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmister
    This happened to the bbs I got off super 4 he reckons the powder coat was put on to thick
    That could well be it. The powder coat on my wheels is much thicker than paint would be. I did emphasise I wanted a Flat Matt which may have caused them to add extra coats.

Did you do anything with the chips on yours? The powder coat being so thick on mine makes the chips a bit deeper than normal and harder to paint/repair. I am also reluctant to think about repairing anything myself yet as its only week 1 of having the wheels done.

BMWHaus Guru

Powder Coated Wheels - Opinions Needed Please!

It's only on the lips the centers are fine (2 piece rim) tbh there beyond touch up going to get the lips re furbed as there shocking chips on in lumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Powder Coated Wheels - Opinions Needed Please!

I am a fan of black wheels and have 2 sets which I swap around on the E39. The first time I went to chose the shade of black, I set my sights on a matt black which I loved. On the advice of the powder coater he advised against the matt black as it marked very easily and wasnt hard wearing. Went with his advice; satin black which I find very hard wearing.