Long story short - I suspect a stone got stuck between the front disc and the guard on my wife's e39 (it was making a very loud noise, when she was driving, I arrived and drove it back and forward a few times and then it stopped) when I was bringing it home the DSC, yellow handbrake (DBC ?) and ABS light came on. I took off the disc and caliper but couldn't find any visible damage apart from a few scrapes), took out the ABS sensor and cleaned it too.

Plugged in my diagnostics which i only got on Thursday (cheers Gar) 3 faults came up

1. 97 - Steeing angle adjustment necessary
2. 88 - Precharge pump
3. 92 Pressure sensor (plausibilty precharge pump)

I cleared them and the 2nd one keeps coming up.

88 precharge pump.jpg

The DSC light is on all the time, The ABS one is going on and off when it feels like it (not always on at start up) and the DBC one has come on and went again twice.

I checked all the fuses and they seem fine, I did a quick wheel speed sensor test (just driving up and down the yard with the laptop on my knee ) and they all seem to be working too.

How do I check the precharge pump ? Can I put 12v onto it ? Or is it more than likely a problem with the ABS module ?

Any help appreciated.