Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bent control arm? Or maybe something else.?

BMWHaus Contributor

Bent control arm? Or maybe something else.?

So today finally got a proper tracking job done on the e36 .. But was told that my left front wheel is an inch further behind than the front right. So the car is still pulling a little bit but not as bad as it was before the tracking. Any ideas what the prob is.? Couldn't see anything bent or obvious that would cause it.?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Bent control arm? Or maybe something else.?

Worn lolypop bushes maybe or a mismatched pair? Item 5 here. Or mismatched wishbones

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks man I'll have look when I back up on the lift later on got to the end of one problem and hit with another problem ha..

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by murphykidd
    Thanks man I'll have look when I back up on the lift later on got to the end of one problem and hit with another problem ha..
    one may have caused the other ie if the wishbone is the wrong type and will effect the geometry of the front which may have lead to your top mount issue also

BMWHaus Contributor

I was thinking along the same line Aswel man I'll have it up on the lift tomorow and hioefully see what my issue is

BMWHaus Contributor

Had it looked at anyways lads and nothing there that could cause it, all the bushing, links, everything is the same and all in good shape..

I'm just after thinking would it be the tracking.? He told me he done the tracking and zeroed it all.!? Should it be at zero? Or what spec should it be at for toe and camber and all that like.?

BMWHaus Guru

Did you get a print out of the tracking sheet? Any pics of both front sides to show what you mean? Sounds very unusual.

BMWHaus Contributor

I havent got a print out man, this place dosent do them, there the only crowd I could find in my area like to do a car on coilovers,, but he tracked it for me and set the whole setup to zero, then told me my front left wheel is an inch further back to the rear of the car than the front right.? The car was never hit or smash off curbs or anything so I don't no how this has happened like.?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by murphykidd
    I havent got a print out man, this place dosent do them, there the only crowd I could find in my area like to do a car on coilovers,, but he tracked it for me and set the whole setup to zero, then told me my front left wheel is an inch further back to the rear of the car than the front right.? The car was never hit or smash off curbs or anything so I don't no how this has happened like.?
    I have to ask, have you checked yourself?

BMWHaus Contributor

Should be able to see an inch, get out the tape measure

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk