Thread: rear brake flexible pipes e39

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

rear brake flexible pipes e39

Just been through NCT and have both rear flexy pipes snagged for being perished and chafed. What's involved in there replacement big job small job.
    Cheers

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: rear brake flexible pipes e39

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    Just been through NCT and have both rear flexy pipes snagged for being perished and chafed. What's involved in there replacement big job small job.
    Cheers
    The worst part of the job will be getting the fittings undone if they are in poor shape, otherwise its straight forward remove and refit followed by bleeding the brakes. Good time to change them all out for braided lines if funds permit .

BMWHaus Contributor

Both pipes replaced today, very straight forward, while I was at did a fluid flush using a kit from Halfords worked perfectly the only thing is next time I am doing the job is to have a syringe to hand as the kit overfills the reservoir and some fluid has to be syphoned off.

BMWHaus Contributor

Happy days. Was it the brake bleed kit that's pressurised from a car tyre?

BMWHaus Contributor

rear brake flexible pipes e39

Yea that's the one. It's been a job I have been putting off for a while as it turned out lifting each corner and removing the wheel was the most awkward part that and the shite weather