Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 520d Msport *remap* options & opinions

520d Msport *remap* options & opinions

This is only my second diesel car I've owned and I intend to have it at least 2yrs.

I'm interested in getting it remapped, if I do it will be for economy reasons and not for performance reasons.

Anyway, a few Q's;

Does everybody with a Diesel get them mapped?

Who do you recommend for the job?

How much should I expect to pay?

Is there any reason why I should not get it done?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 520d Msport *remap* options & opinions

id recommend it. getting it done somewhere that has a dyno not just one the places that does it in a carpark, get it done right. around 300 was what i paid for a few diesels

BMWHaus Contributor

Martin in Autoremap.
    100% recommended!

Ive got every diesel ive ever owned remapped, and i will be getting my ML done shortky with Martin again, once funds from insurance renewal and Crew Cabbing have been paid back

Does everybody with a Diesel get them mapped? - Nope

Who do you recommend for the job? Joe Power - based in Rathcoole / Newcastle area and uses a dyno while mapping. Search him on the net to see reviews.

How much should I expect to pay? 250 - 350 depending if you have a guy in a car park plug in and upload a map or go to someone with a dyno

Is there any reason why I should not get it done? Insurance is affected because its no longer standard

Hope this helps,
    Cormac

BMWHaus Guru

There's a fella down in Adamstown does it ask Jay (ford2) for details and also I think Jay's friend Monk is now doing it also in Newross afaik.

darius in waterford remapped mine. i am very happy with the result. toda garage waterford

very few places have rolling roads these days I think.

Am I expecting a printout of figures before/after.

It doesn't sound as though any of those guys mentioned in Wexford/Waterford area will have printouts, rollers, receipts, invoices, etc.

Do any of these places offer any kind of guarantee/warranty?

If its economy your after your performance figures will decrease - why would you want a print out of the before / after results?

in relation to the guarantee / warranty - I've never asked for or got one. You could ask if they supply one but the reputation of the mapper is built on getting the map right and not pushing the engine beyond it's safe capabilities. Online feedback will be available on any decent mapper

Quote Originally Posted by cormac79
    If its economy your after your performance figures will decrease - why would you want a print out of the before / after results?
    For some sort of solid evidence to suggest that the money I spent has been used on my car.

BMWHaus Guru

Guy in adamstown has a rolling road