Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steering Wheel Refurb....

Steering Wheel Refurb....

Where/Who is recommended to do steering wheel refurbs?
    What price roughly?

Looking at something like this,
    (Pic of Ketrons 328i)

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Steering Wheel Refurb....

Royal steering wheels in the UK are fantastic. I think the price was roughly £100 plus postage

http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

BMWHaus Guru

Steering Wheel Refurb....

There's a lad on Donedeal doing them for €100 but I've never used them

I had one done by royal steering wheels ,delighted with it and would recommend them

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=522&page=3

Im the same as Enda and Chris, I used Royal Steering wheels in the UK when I got the wheel done on my old M3, couldn't have been happier with the finished article

BMWHaus Contributor

Royal steering wheels did mine too, excellent service and great job. Although I would warn you that after two years of mine being redone in alcantara like the one you have pictured it is now absolutely filthy. I've never tried to wash it but i cant imagine it would be an easy job. I plan to have mine re-done in leather at some stage.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

Alright IRISHD M3, I used a natural citrus cleaner to bring up any alcantara wheels I've had in any of my cars with great results, Ill see if I can find the name of the product in the work shop but using a leather cleaning brush and a but of a scrub they always came up fantastic...

Royal Steering Wheels it is.

BMWHaus Guru

I'd recommend Royal Steering wheels too. I will say that his comms have detiorated slightly of late - I get the impression he's pretty busy and has trouble keepnig on top of emails. Took almost a week to hear back from him when I sent my last wheel over, and I needed to send a few chasers. He did a super job for me though - he's done 4 or 5 at this stage for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    I'd recommend Royal Steering wheels too. I will say that his comms have detiorated slightly of late - I get the impression he's pretty busy and has trouble keepnig on top of emails. Took almost a week to hear back from him when I sent my last wheel over, and I needed to send a few chasers. He did a super job for me though - he's done 4 or 5 at this stage for me.
    Has anyone done the exchange option?
    The workmanship looks fantastic!