Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INPA & DIS issues

BMWHaus Guru

INPA & DIS issues

Long story short, the hard disk on my diagnostic laptop crashed - I was able to retrieve the BMTechnic software but alas, with the new hard disk in place, the software now requires an activation code and with BMTechnic gone under, I wont be able to get a new code.

I was so disappointed as it was a great piece of kit and never ran into any issues with it.
    So, here lies my issue - I bought new software and cable from http://bcables.com/ .
    Installed the software etc and then tried to connect to the car. Strange thing is that I can read the DME module, clear errors etc but it won't read any of the other modules. I just get an error 'NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROL UNIT'. This is the same for both INPA & DIS. I thought it might have been my car, but it's exactly the same with my dad's E46 318Ci.

Now, last weekend, I connected my brothers E87 116i and low and behold, everything works on that! I can read all the modules via INPA and DIS with no errors..

Can anyone shed some light to this please. wIll get the versions later but I think INPA is v57.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: INPA & DIS issues

Did you check the port settings associated with your Com port? The latency should be set to 1, it defaults to 16.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Yep Mark, it's set to COM1. Strange that it works on the E87 and not our E46s. It's configured correctly to K Can too.

BMWHaus Guru

INPA & DIS issues

I had the exact same issue. The E46 requires two K-lines, you will have to bridge two pins on your cable or buy an adapter which does this for you.
    I'll try dig up a link

BMWHaus Guru

Man that's annoying...I still have the BM Technics cable...would this work with the bcables software i wonder?

BMWHaus Guru

INPA & DIS issues

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=3056

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks for that John. Did your interface have a switch at the back to switch between K & D Can? Mine does

BMWHaus Guru

INPA & DIS issues

No I just hard wired it but I may install a switch in the future. At the moment I only use it on the E46 so that was the quickest solution.

Surely if you have the switch that should do the trick..? Confusing.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    No I just hard wired it but I may install a switch in the future. At the moment I only use it on the E46 so that was the quickest solution.

Surely if you have the switch that should do the trick..? Confusing.
    Yeah if it has the switch the bridging is already done so.... the plot thickens:happy:

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Man that's annoying...I still have the BM Technics cable...would this work with the bcables software i wonder?
    I would think it should work, give it a go.