Thread: Icv + throttle body clean M54

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icv + throttle body clean M54

Iv been having an issue with the idle on the car when pulling up to lights or parked somewere ,the revs would bounce up and down they would dip to about 400rpm and rise to about 800rpm then back down again

So I set about removing and cleaning my idle control valve amd done the throttle body whilst I was there as there side by side

Its also good to get a good view of the right hand side of the engine and check all hoses rubber boots etc as these perish with age and most will have hairline cracks that you cant see normally

I found one perished hose that leads from the rubber boot to the fuel filter and I also found a small tear in upper rubber boot (again not visible to the eye) so I replaced the hose and have ordered a new rubber boot from keanes

This job is very easy and you will only loose minimal knuckle skin id rate it as hard as an oil change

First you need to remove the airbox car completely and the passenger side cabin filter box ,

Next remove the rubber boots theres 2 you will now see the throttle body

Unclip all connector blocks from the throttle body ,and the disa (black box above it) now unclip the vacuum tube at the back of the block there is also one screw holding it in remove it and move the black tube out of your way

Now take your torx t27 iirc and remove the two screws holding the disa remove the disa

Remove throttle body 4 10mm bolts

Now your at the icv small silver tube just above the throttle body

So now you will have the disa, icv and throttle body in your hands tale them inside and clean them mine were not excessively bad but there was carbon as you'd expect after 12 years it will be a lot worst if the cars been babied around with little slow short drives

Airbox removed
    uploadfromtaptalk1375650903226.jpg

Cabin tube removed and pipe on rubber boot also remove cabin filter housing for easy access
    uploadfromtaptalk1375650960263.jpg

Next remover the rubber boot and the disa (black box)
    uploadfromtaptalk1375651051708.jpg

Now we move the black vacuum pipe in the way of the throttle body one torx screw holding it
    uploadfromtaptalk1375651159869.jpg

Now you can see the throttle body clear as day (iv removed the 2nd rubber boot also)
    [attachment=562]
    Attached Images Attached Images