Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road carnage this week (every week)

Road carnage this week (every week)

Hate to say it, but the majority are young lads - since last Sunday there have been countless close shaves that I've come across. I was putting it down to the change in weather and lethal roads which are so slick with the rain after a long spell of blazing sunshine.

These ain't fender benders lads, look at the damage and destruction in each accident below. For example, how do you do that on that particular bridge on the quays is beyond me. RIP to all. Needless needless waste.

Last night on the quays

The weekend in Donegal

Meath over the weekend

And the one I just missed in Dublin last Sunday

BMWHaus Guru

The Meath one was just up the road from me, it's a B road that you could hold an F1 race on, it's a fantastic wide road that I've no idea why they built it so "good" if you get me.

Poor young lad, RIP!

RE: Road carnage this week (every week)

Fookin brutal way to go alright dude. The one on the quays last night was a stolen taxi - still someones son.

Shockin images there

I don't know if its because cars are getting cheaper or whatever but every second car has a young lad in it and they drive them like they are immortal. I always get them pulling along side looking for a bit of a dice but I never play along, I'd hate to be the cause of one of them loosing control. My car will stick to the road, theirs probably will not

Re: Road carnage this week (every week)

This is it id say at least half the blame is on the cheap ass tyres them cars had fitted mixed with other things of course like people driving beyond there capabilites

But 4 different makes of cheap wanli tyres that are probably down to 2mm mixed with greasy roads and a bit of speed is a recipe for disaster

You know what these crash's lead too though more checkpoints on roads were there are never crash's and a whine about reducing speed limits on the news they should ban them cheap chinese tyres

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Hate to say it, but the majority are young lads - since last Sunday there have been countless close shaves that I've come across. I was putting it down to the change in weather and lethal roads which are so slick with the rain after a long spell of blazing sunshine.

These ain't fender benders lads, look at the damage and destruction in each accident below. For example, how do you do that on that particular bridge on the quays is beyond me. RIP to all. Needless needless waste.

Last night on the quays

Running away from the guards with someones lively hood i suspect will do this to you. Waste of good organs ruining the lives of people they touch.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 318iS54
    The Meath one was just up the road from me, it's a B road that you could hold an F1 race on, it's a fantastic wide road that I've no idea why they built it so "good" if you get me.

Poor young lad, RIP!
    Turns out I do know the chaps sister as she's a waitress in the pub beside us.

He was only back from Oz 3 weeks and he was on his way home from his girlfriends house.

Rip bro!

Quote Originally Posted by listermint
    Running away from the guards with someones lively hood i suspect will do this to you. Waste of good organs ruining the lives of people they touch.
    Not the time or the place dude..it's not the reason I posted the thread.

Poor young lad, RIP!
    Turns out I do know the chaps sister as she's a waitress in the pub beside us.

He was only back from Oz 3 weeks and he was on his way home from his girlfriends house.

Rip bro!
    Sorry to hear it C..tough for all concerned

Apart from the one on the quays, they all have one thing in common - young drivers and performance cars do not mix, young drivers and 2am don't mix either. It's a sad waste of life, the devastation over the past 2 weekends is truly shocking.

How do you fix it ? Insurance is supposed to stop the high performance aspect, although the taxed as a 1L on the logbook trick gets around that, the bust I thought was helping too. But even in a 1L car, if you drive like a lunatic at 2 am, nobody is around to stop you. This type of carnage puts the spotlight on all young drivers including the responsible ones. Que Gay Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moly

How do you fix it ? Insurance is supposed to stop the high performance aspect...
    A lot of them get away with it by getting a parent as the main driver on the policy and they go as named driver...

I wonder would an advance driving test along with the normal rules of the road one increase the level of skill among young drivers or would it maybe cause them to be more reckless??:idea: