Thread: Short term Workshop/Ramp rental in Dublin?

Short term Workshop/Ramp rental in Dublin?

Hi Lads,

I'm looking to rent a ramp for a few days so I can complete a rear subframe overhaul. I have a small workshop space at home but there's no way for me to get a car into it.

Does anyone know of any garage space that might be suitable for a few days?
    The basic plan would be to remove the subframe and components on day 1, press in the new bushings, paint etc. on day 2 and on day 3 re-install.

If anyone has any leads or advice please shout. I've got the NCT coming up in 2 weeks time and my mechanic friend keeps giving me the runaround.

-Paul

RE: Short term Workshop/Ramp rental in Dublin?

Just go to another mechanic? Drop it to valdas or Allen independent in straffan

I'm more so looking to do the work myself since I already have the parts and hydraulic press to do the work, just not the space to disassemble things.
    I wouldn't want to take up the valuable ramp space of someone who is using it full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris
    I'm more so looking to do the work myself since I already have the parts and hydraulic press to do the work, just not the space to disassemble things.
    I wouldn't want to take up the valuable ramp space of someone who is using it full time.
    driveway? its a balls of a job on the driveway but still very doable.

I unfortunately don't have that option. There's parking outside my house but only kerbside. I can get all four wheels up onto the kerb, but I wouldn't want to risk having it on jack stands over night with no rear subframe in the car. There are schools at the top and bottom of my road, I wouldn't want the inquisitive to potentially get hurt or mess with something.