Thread: 318is slave cylinder needed asap in tullow

BMWHaus Contributor

318is slave cylinder needed asap in tullow

needed asap 318is slave cylinder
    one of my friends is stuck in tullow and his slave cylinder is gone
    anyone near there got one

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: 318is slave cylinder needed asap in tullow

Start the car in gear. Rev match to change gear. You will get it home to Cork

BMWHaus Guru

Which would mean shutting the car off when you need to stop, find yourself at an intersection or a set of lights. I'd just get it towed.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Which would mean shutting the car off when you need to stop, find yourself at an intersection or a set of lights. I'd just get it towed.
    no problem at all if u really stuck . bit difference but got home with E39 M5 without brakes

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    no problem at all if u really stuck . bit difference but got home with E39 M5 without brakes
    You crazy bastard

BMWHaus Contributor

car is being driven home as we speak hahah

BMWHaus Guru

I've driven a Mini without brakes from the centre of Cork city to Inniscarra, a VW Beetle (original one) without a clutch cable numerous times, I also drove that Beetle with a snapped accelerator cable. I've also driven an A3 with no 2nd. 3rd & 4th gear.
    It can be done, the easiest is no clutch cable (same dilemma as a failed salve cylinder).

As the lads say just start it in gear & once other going just adjust the revs to slide the gear in when the revs are on the way back down. Once you're on the motorway you're good to go from there.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Valdelisbmw
    You crazy b******
    and it happened straight after i payed money for it . rear brake line was so rusty and after test drive it broke and all fluid was on the ground. need to drive it probably over 200km , once topped it up in about midway ,so was nice extreme ,to see how goes M5 and keep in mind U dont have brakes :tounge: