Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I Did Some Detailing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: Today I Did Some Detailing

Actually here it is with a quick google, maybe the one im thinking of is different and maybe is a product for authorised dealers/fitters only but this looks excellent too

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Paint-Protection-Bulk-60-inches/dp/B004VG6QYS

I have jetseal 109 on it now, but i ordered the stuff on Gars link. It seems to have lots of good reviews.

Re: RE: Today I Did Some Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    I sealed them with ceriglass after polishing but it made no difference , still a polish twice a year should keep them in tip top shape
    Gar Ceriglass is the cutting polish for glass, shouldn't be used on these type of lenses tbh

Best way to seal them up is with some 3M clear wrap/tape but its expensive and hard to get hold of
    Sorry my mistake It was in an old ceriglass bottle (with a label sealant over it) I got it off brian at s.d donkeys ago

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    Not jealous of your car or the garage!!
    SO THERE!
    Damn you Harry! :P
    A noooo, no need Dave :wink:
    But than again if I had not met you and Chris I would not be sooo OCD and the Garage would be your ordinary boring Garage :tounge:

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E46
    Garage is coming along nicely and nice set up with the lights/sockets. As you already know, detailingworld has a section dedicated to garage builds that might help with storage
    Thanks a million Owen, appreciate it
    I am aware of the Garage builds over on Detailing World and some of their stuff is just amazing!!! I think we are good with the setup on lights and sockets. Next is epoxy flooring in grey and walls in white to make all even whiter
    When doing the panels to see the swirls I might go for some portable Flood lights on a tripod but first I want to see how things change with all white walls :wink:
    For storing the Detailing Products I was thinking of a Wall Mounted Cabinet with glass sliding doors whereas for my tools a Peg wall which I think is easiest and does not take too much space :smiling:
    ------------------------------------------
    Today I finally managed to give the estate some love as since April a lot of work has been done to the house so it was not the ideal place to clean the estate...

First of a good Snowfoam bath...

... followed by a two BM wash

After that time to try out the new Setup in the Garage with the lights finally connected and I must say knowing you are not affected by the weather changes the game completely

So started to tackle the roof with Bilt Hamber Clay and AG Detailer followed by some polishing with the Kestrel DAS6 and all being protected by some Coolinite Sealant.
    For it to be the way I want, it would either need to be wet-sanded or even better repainted. I might try and go for the first option and see the results before bringing it to the next level...

For today however I am a happy camper...

BMWHaus Guru

Well on Sat I washed, detarred, washed again, clayed, washed then polished and added 2 coats of wax. Waxed the wheels and polished the exhaust tips. Forgot pics though:huh:

Administrator

What wax did you use on the car? HD?
    Did you get to use your Wheel Woolies....what you reckon?

BMWHaus Guru

Yep HD wax. There's a lovely shine off it now!

The wheel woolies are fantastic, it's so easy to clean the wheels now. The medium size one is perfect for the wheels, small one was chewed up by the dog on day 1

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    small one was chewed up by the dog on day 1
    Should have battered it with the large one for doing that! :P

BMWHaus Guru

Today I Did Some Detailing

Another day of detailing today having worked on the E39 yesterday. Today it was the turn of the new arrival the E91.

Started with a dirty car

After washing, claying, machine polishing and finishing with Pete's 53, the finished result. Luckily the paint was in great condition, very few marks and swirls, it was clearly detailed a few years ago.

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Guru

Today I Did Some Detailing

That's a very nice looking car Andy. Any interior pics?