Thread: e36 break discs

BMWHaus Guru

e36 break discs

as above I'm looking for break discs from my e36. would live to go with up rated as the ones i have were drilled discs that cracked when i checked today. what brand be good to go for? or would i be better off trying to upgrade to the e46 330i breaks ?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: e36 break discs

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmister
    as above I'm looking for break discs from my e36. would live to go with up rated as the ones i have were drilled discs that cracked when i checked today. what brand be good to go for? or would i be better off trying to upgrade to the e46 330i breaks ?
    What are you doing that warrants uprated brakes? Discs that crack definitely were not an upgrade! An upgrade toi e46 330i of e36 M3 would be one option. If you are just going with new discs then ATE discs are as good as OEM. I'd wager a bet that ATE discs & pads would be better than some so called uprated solutions.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

RE: e36 break discs

well i know now that there shit but while they worked they were great! was talking to cab he mentioned black diamond disc ?
    dont really have to do anything to warrant upgrade brakes but at the end of the day the car is 17 year old and just like to have the reassurance that my breaks are top notch tbh