Thread: E39 wing mirror motor passanger side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E39 wing mirror motor passanger side

Looking for the motor that allows the wing mirror arm to lock back into place. It's currently loose. It must have been forced closed
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMWHaus Guru

There's a set of e38 wing mirrors available here, I'd guess they are what you need
    http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=6071

BMWHaus Guru

You need the E39 Auto fold mirrors which are a rare enough option on the standard E39, as John said the E38 ones should be the same!

RE: E39 wing mirror motor passanger side

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    You need the E39 Auto fold mirrors which are a rare enough option on the standard E39, as John said the E38 ones should be the same!

They don't seem to be auto fold mirrors though....I can't see a button to do that.

Maybe it's staring me in the face !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E39-5-Series-Auto-Folding-Wing-Mirror-Control-Module-/261892494195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cfa02 5373

Is this what I need lads?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Greenbush
    Quote Originally Posted by HealyC

They don't seem to be auto fold mirrors though....I can't see a button to do that.

Maybe it's staring me in the face !
    Yeah you should have a small button on the main window like the smallest button on this pic. This is the one that folds in the mirrors

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432649008.156082.jpg

Yes the drivers side has that small button. The drivers side mirror doesn't fold in though when I press it. It's the passenger side that's loose though

I called into Bryne Motor Works in Feltrim this afternoon and he says it's not automatic . Weird

I'll pop into Courtney's and get to the bottom of it!