Thread: best place to get a turbo rebuilt

BMWHaus Contributor

best place to get a turbo rebuilt

hello,
    does anyone here know where i can get a td04L rebuilt (new seals etc) properly , doesn't matter where as willing to travel just want it done correctly!
    thanks
    regards
    steve

RE: best place to get a turbo rebuilt

Driveshaft Services are worth a shout if you are visiting Dublin, but surely there is somewhere decent closer to home: http://driveshaft.ie/products/turbochargers/

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

best place to get a turbo rebuilt

API Turbos Steve, give them a Google and you'll get their details. Nice guys and warranty with rebuilds.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Driveshaft Services are worth a shout if you are visiting Dublin, but surely there is somewhere decent closer to home: http://driveshaft.ie/products/turbochargers/
    Stay clear of them I used to use them. One turbo catastrophically failed within one week of fitting. There so called warranty mean jack sh...

Quote Originally Posted by E46Padge
    Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Stay clear of them I used to use them. One turbo catastrophically failed within one week of fitting. There so called warranty mean jack sh...
    Really? Nothing but good dealings with them a few years ago, on firm recommendation from a colleague. Surely after 1 week you had grounds? I would definitely NOT be allowing no business to get away with that.

BMWHaus Contributor

My turbo's core was replaced with a cheap Chinese core. After paying 300. It shit a seal on the cold side the engine took off at mac7 feed by its own oil. I removed the turbo and took it back. There excuse was a foreign object got into the intake. Hit the turbine and caused it to self sh.. itself. They have used that excuse plenty of times from talking to a few people. It got nasty in the end.....

Quote Originally Posted by E46Padge
    My turbo's core was replaced with a cheap Chinese core. After paying 300. It s*** a seal on the cold side the engine took off at mac7 feed by its own oil. I removed the turbo and took it back. There excuse was a foreign object got into the intake. Hit the turbine and caused it to self sh.. itself. They have used that excuse plenty of times from talking to a few people. It got nasty in the end.....
    I hope you chased them to the end in that case, and got sorted?