Thread: Headlight problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Headlight problems

Lately on a 07 passat I have the front dims are seriously poor with the light there emiting. It's gotten to a point I have to really slow down and try guess how close I am to the ditch and white lines when there's a car coming against me. I took the bulbs out of the headlight and turned them on, the light there sending out is very good, but when I set them in the headlight is bad again. So I'm guessing the problem is the reflection bit in the headlight.? Iv been told is after melting and fogging up.? Can this happen.? I need to get it sorted as its getting kind of annoying and also dangerous when driving at night.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Headlight problems

Is it just an ordinary halogen bulb rather than a cheap hid look bulb? The internals should not be melting. If it's not a normal bulb I would try this first.

BMWHaus Contributor

Yeah man, ordinary bulbs is what I have in and it's terrible, tired a few difrent brand and what not and all the bulbs seem to not differ with the output of light.

BMWHaus Guru

Headlight problems

It's critical on the Passat that the bulbs are fitted into the headlamps the correct way or the light will be shite. There a pain sometimes to sit in right. The little square locator tab on the H7 bulb sits slightly at either 5 or 7 o'clock. Normally on other headlamps it will be in the 6 or 12 o'clock positions if ya get me!

BMWHaus Contributor

Seen on few different cars wich used cheap bulbs , when they burn they can smoke the projector pretty bad , does your projector looks smoked or is it clean ?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Pentea
    Seen on few different cars wich used cheap bulbs , when they burn they can smoke the projector pretty bad , does your projector looks smoked or is it clean ?
    Yeah that's what I was told a few times what my problem is. Just went out again at them as I had to replace the corner park light, so I took out the bulb again and I got a small clean detailing brush to fit in and wipe down the projector it seems to of cleaned it up for sure from what I can see, will have to wait till dark and see did it help some bit. Never used cheap bulbs myself always had genuine brands in and never had HID's either so I don't see how I could of smoked up its fairly annoying at this stage ha.