Thread: Alternative to a GoPro

BMWHaus Contributor

Alternative to a GoPro

Looking to pic up a GoPro camera, or something similar at a reasonable price. GoPro seems to be abit on the pricey side for me as I'm not going to be using it very often. Anyone on here pick up something like this at a handy price or know of any brands. Looking to mount it on a harness bar inside car so it must be able to take a mount. Thanks

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Alternative to a GoPro

You can get the White edition hero3 for cheap enough.

I got a brand new hero3+ black edition and I'd admit it's over engineered for my use. Only got it for buttons.

Contour another brand with good ability. Friend used both and it's hard to see the point in spending the extra on a GoPro for just Trackday use

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    You can get the White edition hero3 for cheap enough.

I got a brand new hero3+ black edition and I'd admit it's over engineered for my use. Only got it for buttons.

Contour another brand with good ability. Friend used both and it's hard to see the point in spending the extra on a GoPro for just Trackday use
    Basically what I'm looking for man, once it has half decent picture quality is all that matters. Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

I picked up a new GoPro Hero in Argos for €129....they're back up to €139 now though.
    It's not got a screen or wifi etc, but it's absolutely fine for 99% of users.

My mate has a Hero 4 Black edition with wifi, 4k and all the bells and whistles, but I couldn't tell the difference between them
    when watching the footage back on the laptop.

I've used it a few times up in Ticknock on the mountain bike, works a treat.

The basic one doesn't come with any mounts, but I bought a few on ebay (handlebar/seatpost, helmet, car suction mount etc)

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Don B
    I picked up a new GoPro Hero in Argos for €129....they're back up to €139 now though.
    It's not got a screen or wifi etc, but it's absolutely fine for 99% of users.

My mate has a Hero 4 Black edition with wifi, 4k and all the bells and whistles, but I couldn't tell the difference between them
    when watching the footage back on the laptop.

I've used it a few times up in Ticknock on the mountain bike, works a treat.

The basic one doesn't come with any mounts, but I bought a few on ebay (handlebar/seatpost, helmet, car suction mount etc)
    Perfect man I'll have a look at them, sounds like the kind of one I'm after. Not a bad price really like I'm not gonna be using it daily or anything so just once it has a good picture for when it's used will do me just fine . I found a mount there alright online for them for rollbars/harness bars so I'm sorted now just for the camera ha. Thanks man .