Thread: DA Stamped Tyres

DA Stamped Tyres

I was getting new alloys fitted and the guy warned me that the back tyres had "DA" stamped on them. Never heard of this before - he said they would have been defective from the factory.

had a quick look up and found this

DA tyres

This refers to tyres that are considered “devalued” or have a Defective Appearance by the tyre manufacturer because of some visual flaw(s). These tyres are considered technically soundin construction and opperation and totally suitable for driving. They carry the mark “DA” stamped on the sidewall. There should not be any issues during their usage.

Should be safe i imagine but I presume i should have been told when buying them? I imagine the supplier gets them for cheaper.

I got them online - it's probably in the small print somewhere

RE: DA Stamped Tyres

If it's only a small appearance/visual flaw, I'd have no trouble using them.

Saying that, If you were sold them and the seller said nothing (Assuming a company) about the DA mark, I'd be contacting them. (Obviously they'd get the tyres for a lot cheaper, And how many would notice and complain?)

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks for highlighting this - I had not heard of this.

Where online did you buy them ?
    Current: F36, , 986 Boxster, E93 M3 Cab
    Gone: E36 M3 Cab, 635csi, e36 320 cab, e46 coupe, f10 tractor

eiretyres , they were 415 quid too which is no cheaper really (for me :hehe! .

The last place I used was openoe and they were fine.
    Vredestein ULTRAC SESSANTA in both cases