Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing log book from 2 - 2.5 litre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Changing log book from 2 - 2.5 litre

Has anybody recently gone through this process?

Who do I need to sign what?

Do I have to prove when the engine work was done?

Yea I tried to go through it, you'll need the car inspected by a main dealer and a change of particulars stamped by them.

You'll need to prove when the conversion was done somehow and if you can't you'll probably have to pay back tax(or in my case, lots of back tax)

Sent via my Telegraph machine using morse code

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Changing log book from 2 - 2.5 litre

I thought when increasing the engine size on the logbook you don't need any inspection or signatures only your own Just fill in the form and send it to Shannon.
    They don't look a gift horse in the mouth when it's bringing in more tax money.

My experience of this is from a few years ago but i haven't heard of it changing since.

If I were you I would leave it to the next owner to do as the cheap tax will be an advantage to some and it's easier to change up cc than down

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF

If I were you I would leave it to the next owner to do as the cheap tax will be an advantage to some and it's easier to change up cc than down
    I would like to leave it to the new owner but I want to have it done properly before it leaves my hands to know I will not be liable for anything.

BMWHaus Contributor

Plus your insurance is void in case of any accident.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    It's not, They still pay out 3rd party.
    Although the can chase you for the costs!

Personally I'd leave it up to the new owner, 325i down as a 320i don't bother me (Still a 6 cylinder).... It's the 328i down as a 316i that annoy me so young lads can insure them.

Was it originally a 325 or 320 converted?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RossYB
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    It's not, They still pay out 3rd party.
    Although the can chase you for the costs!

Personally I'd leave it up to the new owner, 325i down as a 320i don't bother me (Still a 6 cylinder).... It's the 328i down as a 316i that annoy me so young lads can insure them.

Was it originally a 325 or 320 converted?
    It's ireland, every company tries to make AND save money in ever possible way.

Having this mentality has generally fucked up the whole county. Not just insurance cost

BMWHaus Guru

Watching this with interest as I'd like to do a conversion soon. I'm curious to know what info the insurance company would ask for. Half afraid to call them and ask in case it causes issues

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF
    I thought when increasing the engine size on the logbook you don't need any inspection or signatures only your own Just fill in the form and send it to Shannon.
    They don't look a gift horse in the mouth when it's bringing in more tax money.

My experience of this is from a few years ago but i haven't heard of it changing since.

Have a look at section 5

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,495,en.pdf

Sent via my Telegraph machine using morse code

BMWHaus Contributor

It says main dealer stamp but I phoned the tax office a few months ago and asked if it had to be a bmw main dealer and they said any main dealer,I asked if I could use vw garage as my local bmw dealer is over 50 miles away and she said that was fine,any main dealer stamp will do..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk