Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06 520d or 525d?

RE: 06 520d or 525d?

Grey is the least desirable , try the auto im a die hard manual nut but the bmw auto is a very nice box and is a joy to drive suits the short rev range well in the diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Grey is the least desirable , try the auto im a die hard manual nut but the bmw auto is a very nice box and is a joy to drive suits the short rev range well in the diesel
    Yeh grey just looks dull to me each to there own but never understood someone buying a new car opting for leather and then picking grey leather. Might be why that one is up so cheap does seem to be well maintained though.

I test drove one auto just isn't for me I like feeling like I'm driving the car not the car driving me I've always enjoyed manual for me auto takes some the fun out of driving.

Hope I find something soon the Passat is slowly killing me plus don't want to have to put any more money into it by taxing it.

Its going to be very very hard to find a manual 90% of 5 series are autos but you have held out this long may as well hold out a little longer

Ok just a little update went and had a look at 530d tonight.

Nice car to drive not to bad on the diesel okay so not a miser but a lot more economical than the 330i.

Low enough mileage an 04 with 109000 miles clutch and flywheel replaced recently, along with new discs and pads and a bit of other smaller work carried out. Full service history and receipts for all work carried out.

Is there anything else I should look out for on them or be wary off? Seems legit only issue I could see was a small dint scratch on the drover door and front driver side panel which in time I could get fixed after a remap and tinting the back windows for the kids.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Marty mcfly

Nice car to drive not to bad on the diesel okay so not a miser but a lot more economical than the 330i.

Low enough mileage an 04 with 109000 miles clutch and flywheel replaced recently, along with new discs and pads and a bit of other smaller work carried out. Full service history and receipts for all work carried out.

Is there anything else I should look out for on them or be wary off? Seems legit only issue I could see was a small dint scratch on the drover door and front driver side panel which in time I could get fixed after a remap and tinting the back windows for the kids.
    Swirl flaps were they removed ? And exhaust manifold tends to crack , e39 cast iron ones are a direct replacement but costly

Quote Originally Posted by Pentea
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty mcfly

Swirl flaps were they removed ? And exhaust manifold tends to crack , e39 cast iron ones are a direct replacement but costly

He never mentioned either of them to be honest is removing the swirl flaps a big job? It's a manual would it have swirl flaps? I'll ring tomorrow and check to see if either have been done on it.