Thread: 335i Service Interval?

BMWHaus Guru

Lightbulb 335i Service Interval?

It's been 5k miles since I serviced the car last on the 11th February, since the car is turbocharged I feel I should change the oil (Castrol Edge 5w30). Would I be right in changing it now or would that be overkill?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 335i Service Interval?

No harm in doing it Peter, I reckon every 5-7.5k miles an oil change should be done

Just checked and the interval seems to be 15k Miles.

I'd be doing it every 7.5k!

Random fact the new Mercedes Sprinter Is 37,500 Miles Interval! Now that's rediculous.

BMWHaus Guru

Yea I posted the thread because there wasn't a hope in hell I was gonna do 15k mile intervals

37,500 miles on a Mercedes Sprinter?? That must be more like the engine replacement interval if it's not serviced every 10k

BMWHaus Guru

I'd be doing an oil change every 7.5k to 10k miles depends on style of driving and driving conditions, eg urban or motorway. The 335d had a oil change last year (7k miles ago) by Joe duffys and it will be getting a full service when i get back. The idrive is telling me I've something like 19k km if i remember correctly before an oil change is due!

Cost of oil and a filter is cheap compared to engines and ancillary parts, definitely wont do any harm :wink:

I try to do mine every 10k km.