Thread: E39 door card retrim

BMWHaus Contributor

E39 door card retrim

I am after stripping down a set of door cards and looking to do a redye.
    Would anybody know the diameter and length of screws to replace the plastic rivets also the size and type of washer.
    I also need the small bottle of dye, do dynamix make up a colour from a swatch of my existing interior, has anyone done this and how accurate was the colour match.
    Cheers

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E39 door card retrim

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    I am after stripping down a set of door cards and looking to do a redye.
    Would anybody know the diameter and length of screws to replace the plastic rivets also the size and type of washer.
    I also need the small bottle of dye, do dynamix make up a colour from a swatch of my existing interior, has anyone done this and how accurate was the colour match.
    Cheers

[IMG][/IMG]

E39 door card retrim

Wish you'd asked this yesterday when i had the card off i done this recently pics in my thread eddie il have a look to see if still have the screws i used , i bought a box of assorted washers as you will need a few different ones
    [hr]
    Also how did you get the rears off they are an absolute nightmare any tips ?

E39 door card retrim

These are the washers i used 3quid a pack in woodies the screw in the picture were too big so i went with 8 or 10mm instead

BMWHaus Contributor

Yea a bit awkward but I had a few very very very sharp and flexible scrapers took my time and they separated fairly easily(compared to what I was expecting) There were a few cutouts on the rear or the card that I slid the scrapers in from which split them a good bit. The one thing I did notice was where the glue was holding the leather lining to the card it separated from the black covering on the door card and not the leather card it self,if that makes sense :huh:I will stick up a pic to explain if you want.that's where the sharp scrapers come into there own.
    Thanks for details of washers and screws

E39 door card retrim

Yeh i get what you mean my main concern was not destoying the card in the process mine are caked in glue its still on the long finger iv stripped the donor cards just haven't touch my own leather ones yet must get it done soon what will you be using to glue the rears ?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Yeh i get what you mean my main concern was not destoying the card in the process mine are caked in glue its still on the long finger iv stripped the donor cards just haven't touch my own leather ones yet must get it done soon what will you be using to glue the rears ?
    Haven't got as far as working out what glue to use yet, more than likely an epoxy I will do a bit of research an let you know :wink. As far as attachment is concerned if the leather sections do not sit right they may have to be vacuumed bonded on but hopefully it won't come to that

BMWHaus Contributor

Just use a glue gun, will do the job perfectly. 18 euros in woodies.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Just use a glue gun, will do the job perfectly. 18 euros in woodies.
    Cheers
    I knew that glue gun I got in lidel 8 years ago would eventually come into its own :wink: