Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Brake pedal constantly going soft

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Brake pedal constantly going soft

Two weeks on and the pedal is still OK. Happy with that. Not all the mats are in yet though.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

What was replaced or fixed on the brake system this time ?

BMWHaus Guru

The issue from the start seems to have been caused by a faulty DSC (ABS) unit. The DSC unit is used for cruise control, cornering brake control, stability control, hill start assist & ABS, possibly more. So it has the ability to brake individual wheels or axles itself when it needs to o so to fulfil any of the functions outlined above.

The last time I drove the car prior to the fix I had the rear brakes lock up solid. So I think the issue all along was that the DSC unit was constantly applying the rear brakes unnecessarily & causing the brake fluid to boil over time. The cause of the soft brake pedal.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

Happy days, hope you can now get to enjoy what your car was really made for, hooning around with smiles from ear to ear.