Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E92 Oil Level

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

E92 Oil Level

Sorry if it's a silly question now, but how much oil would you add if the oil level is like this:

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E92 Oil Level

No dipstick? My audi is the same and it wrecks my head! I'd add about 1/2 litre if mine were like, might be different for the BMW's though

Peter, I was only reading up on this before the car got serviced. Manufacturer states no more than 1L between min & max, so for you if you wanted it back up near max, I'd try quarter of a litre first then a further quarter after that. Last thing you want is to overfill

BMWHaus Guru

Right... I've overfilled it. I had about 8-900 ml of oil, I put about 4-500 yesterday and it didn't register, tried later last night and again this morning after a drive and still didn't register, so I added the rest earlier. I've driven the car about 0.5 Km since to see if it would make the proper oil level show up but oil level is still showing to be the same as in the picture above.

Basically if min to max is 1L, then I've overfilled by roughly 400 ml above the max.

How much freaking out should I be doing right about now?

BMWHaus Guru

I wouldn't be freaking out about it Peter. Just don't be driving the bollox out of it and take the oil oil out when you can... same happened to me when I bought the M - it was overfilled by about 500-1 litre so all i did was jack the car up and loosen the drain plug for the sump and guaged when to tighen back up.

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks Shane, been reading some internet horror stories so was a bit worried. I'll do that.

BMWHaus Guru

:huh::huh::huh: actually forgot you had the 335i Peter:hehe!: Maybe it's a different case for turbos, not sure! If you're not driving it now, jack her up and get it done:happy:

BMWHaus Guru

Or get some vacuumed out !

BMWHaus Guru

Damn it Shane, I had just started to relax

Can anybody confirm if it'd be safe to drive it a few km to a garage to get the oil changed since I was planning an oil change anyway? Or should I definitely drain the extra 400 ml before moving the car at all?

BMWHaus Guru

On second thoughts you have absolutely destroyed your car it is totally worthless now . I'll do you a favour and buy it cheap off you now !