Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorsport thread??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Motorsport thread??

Not sure if theres much of a need for a motorsport orientated thread on here, so this can be moved/edited/deleted if needs be. Or there could already be one that i havnt found yet?

Anyway to get the ball rolling, this saturday and sunday 27th/28th june Mondello park is hosting a double round of the irish and british rallycross championship. If youre at a bit of a loose end this weekend it would be well worth going for a look.

The racing is always close and pretty hairy at times, and for the first time in years there is going to be a full grid (a dozen or so) of rallycross supercars. 600bhp, 800 ft lb, 4 wheel drive monsters of cars. 0 - 60 in 2.5 seconds.

Just throwing it out there!

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Motorsport thread??

Live coverage of this all day today on mondellotv/ livestream.

BMWHaus Guru

Motorsport thread??

Don't mind any of that skidding crap in Mondello at the weekend or standing in a field in Terenure looking at old Junkers while lads talk about cars that they don't have a clue about.

Get your arses to the fastest race track in Dublin this weekend and see how the real men do Motorsport

Skerries 100

http://youtu.be/_D0gR_3ElYE

BMWHaus Contributor

Some of the machinery at the skidding in mondello this weekend is pretty savage though!

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

And yep, thats a 4000 euro, brand new, snap on BBQ!!!!! :hehe!:

IMG_4648.jpg

BMWHaus Guru

Motorsport thread??

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs
    Some of the machinery at the skidding in mondello this weekend is pretty savage though!

Ah stop, I do see better down the local Lidl car park

Don't get me wrong I do actually like drifting, some of the machinery is insane but let's be fair it's nothing compared to doing 170mph on a country back road 4 a breast with the briars rubbing off your shoulders!!!!

That snap on bbq is the nuts

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs

Ah stop, I do see better down the local Lidl car park

Don't get me wrong I do actually like drifting, some of the machinery is insane but let's be fair it's nothing compared to doing 170mph on a country back road 4 a breast with the briars rubbing off your shoulders!!!!

That snap on bbq is the nuts
    A, I just prefer 4 wherls on my wagon, rather than 2! But to be honest, Ive way more respect for the road racers than anyone else in motorsport. They're just a different breed!(in a good way!)

BMWHaus Contributor

Hard to beat a bit of Motor sports banter lad this!! could be a good Thread for info of what's going on in different areas of the country and beyond.

Just to add to the above if anyone is in or around the Trim area this weekend
    then you may wish to check out another form of motorsport. The ALMC rally
    has it's ceremonial start at Trim Castle saturday evening around 7pm and then
    the rally proper starts Sunday.
    More details can be found at:
    http://www.almcstagesrally.com/

BMWHaus Guru

Motorsport thread??

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    Don't mind any of that skidding crap in Mondello at the weekend or standing in a field in Terenure looking at old Junkers while lads talk about cars that they don't have a clue about.

Get your arses to the fastest race track in Dublin this weekend and see how the real men do Motorsport

Skerries 100

http://youtu.be/_D0gR_3ElYE
    So great day out today, weather was fantastic and I have the obligatory farmers tan now. My mate Alan got a 3rd in the open race (1000cc Kawasaki), fourth in the super twins ( he was up to 2nd but race was red flagged after 5 laps so result was based on lap 3) and the bike blew up in the grand final race so another Dubliner Derek Sheils won it. Great to see so many Southern riders now winning, move over Nordies it's our turn

But on a very sober note, on Friday evening the travelling doctor who rides behind each race/practice for the first lap had a big off and passed away this morning RIP Dr John Hinds.

Here's a vid of the last race I took, my mate Alan is in third position. It will give you an idea of speed. Note this is just leaving a 1st gear corner

https://vimeo.com/132611053

BMWHaus Contributor

Some great in-car footage on the ERC in estonia on eurosport at the minute.

Back on again tomorrow night at 12.15.