Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd problem

BMWHaus Contributor

Lightbulb Odd problem

So there I was sitting in work listening to the radio in the hut when I could hear another radio coming and going as if someone was turning up and down the volume of the radio any passed no remarks for awhile until out of the corner of my eye I noticed my car radio going on and off while the car was switched off and locked

So went out and unlocked the car radio stayed off locked the car radio would again turn on and off every couple of seconds also noticed that the airbag light would flash constant this has never happened before so would the battery be on the way out or is it some deeper problem

BMWHaus Guru

Odd problem

Could well be a battery issue, mine is on its last legs and sometimes if it's a bit run down after start stopping (say during maintenance etc..) and not quite enough to start the engine my headlights turn themselves on.
    Very weird.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Odd problem

Had it at the mechanic today told him and showed the problem he'd never heard of the problem before was told might be the resistor for the airbag so disabled all of that and it's still the same mentioned the battery to him said that it wasn't the problem so i'm no closer to solving the issue

Any aftermarket electronics in the car? I had problem with low output converter for sub keeping dash lights on.

BMWHaus Contributor

Only aftermarket bit in the car is the radio but it has been in the car since I bought it disconnected that even to see if it would sort it problem but no luck

BMWHaus Guru

There is a always positive and a positive on acc powering the radio. I suspect either the radio has shat itself or they are touching at the back look. Touching wires like thar anyway would make weird shit happen like the light.
    [hr]
    Is there an after market alarm? Does it tap power at the radio? That's quite common. Just an after thought.

Is there an alarm on the car? if so does the radio sync with the alarm flashing led?

BMWHaus Contributor

Radio works fine really has me confubbled
    Alarm on the car but is disconnected was that way when I bought the car.
    I was fiddling away there at it this evening as it seems I've made this slightly worse decided to remove the fuse under the bonnet for the airbag No.42 locked the car and what do you know radio had stopped coming on when the cars not running and airbag stopped flashing delighted with my efforts I went to start the car and it wont bloody tick over keeps cutting out replaced the fuse but still wont stay ticking over so I think I'll drop it to the pros and see can they figure out what's going on with it losing power steering the odd time too if id hair I'd have it pulled out by now

BMWHaus Guru

Odd problem

Do you have a sunroof. Blocked drains or water leaking down the inside of the door or scuttle panel. Weird one probably best to get a pro to look at it, is carpet wet anywhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

@Lucifer nope no water anywhere drains all cleared trying one more thing if that doesn't work off to a pro don't want to get rid of it as I enjoy driving it just been a right money pit lately

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk