Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
Quote Originally Posted by fraser5454
See you there!
Pleasure to meet ya man

Interesting to get a spin in the 335d, never driven one before but you can tell that it's remapped, a lot more "alive" than any diesel I've driven and the response is amazing from very low revs. Overall I'd say very similar performance just a different delivery. Would love the economy but I'd miss the sound. It was the first time I heard my car being driven while I was in another car... it sounded pretty nice if I may say so myself

Nice to get a closer look at the wheels too! They suit your car perfectly. I reckon I'll refurb the CSLs and get new tyres and leave it at that.

Would've been nice to get a couple of snaps, maybe next time

LOL, how could you tell it was remapped if you had never driven one before! :wink:
You are right though, it pulls from anywhere and I definitely prefer all my torque for the unending but very relaxed shove, I have my other BMW toy for high revs (14k!) :-)

Yours does sound mint though and the LSD puts the power down very nicely indeed in the bends, great addition. Definitely keep those wheels, they look great, get the proper tyres you mentioned to stay out of the ditches and if you were to go ahead and lower it I think it would look super smart but really subtle.

Talk soon! :-)