Thread: Suppliers of genuine parts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Suppliers of genuine parts?

Have a few dealer only parts I need to buy in the coming week. Where's the best value supplier at the moment?

My local main dealer I think is out of the question.

Administrator

RE: Suppliers of genuine parts?

Did you try contacting the site sponsor? Frank Keane

BMWHaus Guru

Www.carparts-pros.com

€17 delivery for anything & a PayPal charge. I've used them a lot recently. Let me know when you're ordering I might need a few bits soon.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    Www.carparts-pros.com

€17 delivery for anything & a PayPal charge. I've used them a lot recently. Let me know when you're ordering I might need a few bits soon.
    I used to use them too but Frank Keane is now offering me better prices. Sometimes this site has the part a bit cheaper but then you add the delivery fees and it makes no sense anymore.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Www.carparts-pros.com

I used to use them too but Frank Keane is now offering me better prices. Sometimes this site has the part a bit cheaper but then you add the delivery fees and it makes no sense anymore.
    Very true, but for the larger parts there is huge savings. for example a DSC Hydro pump part number is: 34507838391

CarParts-Pros charge: €2,115.50; plus €17 delivery
    Kearys quoted my friend €2,977.12, PLUS VAT! for the same part, and that was on 12/03/2014. Probably dearer now.

Same story with the M6 door sill, €495 in the dealer (with discount), €381 from carparts-pros.

Head up display (part number 62 30 9 190 874), for my car recently was >€3,000 in the dealers, carparts-pros want €1,990.10

For some lower value parts the difference is not so great when you factor in delivery. For example a mid-range speaker cost me €89 in Kearys & the other side I bought as part of a bigger order & it was €73.60. I did not buy it from carparts-pros at the time as I only needed that item & factoring in delivery it would have been more expensive than the dealer discounted price.

Another smaller part, e.g. the ignition coil (12137835108) (for M6) is €110 plus VAT, excluding discount, in Carparts-pros it is €62.

So shop around. It is so easy to price check on CarParts-pros, just get your part number on http://bmwfans.info or http://www.realoem.com & look it up.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Super4 can get genuine parts.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RossYB
    Super4 can get genuine parts.
    My bad - totally forgot Cab can get OEM parts too!

Www.carparts-pros.com

How much would you say your saving as a percentage on parts excluding the shipping + paypal charge

BMWHaus Guru

BMWHaus Contributor

http://shop.bmw-classic.com/index-ClassicDE-WFS-en_EU-EUR.html spend 50 euro and shipping is free