Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 520D 2008

RE: 520D 2008

Picked it up on Sat and have to admit struggled for the first couple of days to get used to it - much larger car than im used, took a while to get used to the handling and stupid things like getting the seat to the right adjustment (still messing around with that !) - car size is challenging my parking skills and would hate to try it without the sensors. I commute roughly 200klms a day and each day I am more impressed, it handles the motorway commute at ease - I tend to keep to the 120kph - solid on the road and great handling for overtaking and extra power is great. BMW fans said to me I would feel less tired on the commute and I was sceptable on that but its true. I was concerned about the handling - it handles better than any other car I have had - just took a bit of getting used to (I might update this in the ice and snow ). This week I got 51mpg - looking through the paperwork and its the M47 engine (not sure good or bad). I think its a fairly base BMW model but has all the extras I need - not sure about the cruise control .. will try that soon. Thanks for all the advice, at this time I am really glad I went with the BMW over the Audi ..will try and put up a better pick just took this on phone today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kceire View Post
    The timing chain will,be covered in your 2 year warranty and it will also be covered under the BMW QE Program which replaces them free of charge in all affected cars with the N47 engine. Many have got it done for free, myself included.
    hi can you advise me I approached bmw and asked for help with this and was told no help would be given --some goodwill/ part payment of a 6000-00 euro invoice was available to those who had already given bmw a great deal of money however no goodwill was available to me .
    I have not been contacted by bmw with any offer of help --what happens those who had to get this done privately at their own cost as a result of the refusal by bmw to help at the time . regards bugs

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    hi can you advise me I approached bmw and asked for help with this and was told no help would be given --some goodwill/ part payment of a 6000-00 euro invoice was available to those who had already given bmw a great deal of money however no goodwill was available to me .
    I have not been contacted by bmw with any offer of help --what happens those who had to get this done privately at their own cost as a result of the refusal by bmw to help at the time . regards bugs
    If you replaced before the QE came out then I think your out of luck. I'm not sure what BMW are doing nowadays as there's not much hype about it anymore, are they still offering fixes for it?

We got ours done despite not having full BMW history, but we did have a documented service history with independents.
    2014 Alpine White 520d MSport Plus
    2016 Fluid Black i3 94Ah