Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E92 M3 Brake Pads?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E92 M3 Brake Pads?

Need to get new pads for my M3 and want to upgrade the pads while I'm at it but finding it hard to get reviews on other pad types...

Any recommendations?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: E92 M3 Brake Pads?

ATE are OEM, should be a bit cheaper with little degradation in quality, you can get them cheap enough from Otto or the other supplier that I mentioned in a previous post on the subject of your brakes!
    I got a set for the rear of an e92 M3 for €89 from Otto, didn't price the fronts.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    ATE are OEM, should be a bit cheaper with little degradation in quality, you can get them cheap enough from Otto or the other supplier that I mentioned in a previous post on the subject of your brakes!
    I got a set for the rear of an e92 M3 for €89 from Otto, didn't price the fronts.
    Not sure where I asked before but anyway thanks... I was thinking of something like a Carbone Lorraine or DS2500 for something better than OEM but wonder if are they worth it... I hear the Carbone Lorraine pads are unreal but only heard reports from a lad with a rally car and afraid they will squeal like Fook...

BMWHaus Contributor

E92 M3 Brake Pads?

Had ATE fronts on the M5 with E92 performance brake set up and about 120 from Otto

BMWHaus Contributor

Carbon lorraine are a brilliant pad, but only for track or rally use really.

Squeek like mad, and if its dark, when braking hard you literally see sparks flying!! I think feroda ds3000 are in the same ballpark.

Wouldn't recommend them for everyday driving. They would wreck your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs

Squeek like mad, and if its dark, when braking hard you literally see sparks flying!! I think feroda ds3000 are in the same ballpark.

Yea this is what I was worried about alright. Just want to upgrade them to a better pad if I can...

Have a bit of a wobble under breaking but only from high speeds being told it would not be my discs so i have ordered a cheap set of front pads to see... I have been told from a track day you can get a build up of shite on the pads and cause the wobble?? Hopefully it will be the pads and if not I'm going to order a Hi Spec BBK...

Quote Originally Posted by oo7m3

Yea this is what I was worried about alright. Just want to upgrade them to a better pad if I can...

Have a bit of a wobble under breaking but only from high speeds being told it would not be my discs so i have ordered a cheap set of front pads to see... I have been told from a track day you can get a build up of sh*** on the pads and cause the wobble?? Hopefully it will be the pads and if not I'm going to order a Hi Spec BBK...
    I had this exact problem only last month - dropped it into the stealer for a look. Took it for a test drive with me and then back to measure the pads. Found a small issue with one pad , a quick rubdown and hay presto. They said it was because the car is a garage queen, with moisture and break dust build up…..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffvader

Have a bit of a wobble under breaking but only from high speeds being told it would not be my discs so i have ordered a cheap set of front pads to see... I have been told from a track day you can get a build up of sh*** on the pads and cause the wobble?? Hopefully it will be the pads and if not I'm going to order a Hi Spec BBK...
    I had this exact problem only last month - dropped it into the stealer for a look. Took it for a test drive with me and then back to measure the pads. Found a small issue with one pad , a quick rubdown and hay presto. They said it was because the car is a garage queen, with moisture and break dust build up…..
    Cool cheers for the info, I'll stick the new pads in and see how I go... Fingers crossed it's only the pads only thing is mine started to judder after a track day

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffvader

Cool cheers for the info, I'll stick the new pads in and see how I go... Fingers crossed it's only the pads only thing is mine started to judder after a track day
    did you tell them you drove around the track once and then went crying to your mammy

the cheap pad trick is defo worth a try as it put my mind to rest also with a similar issue

that said these M cars do love a set of front discs lol

Thought you were banned off this site Damo