We spent a few days in Chianti, then moved back towards the coast heading to Livorno.

We spent half the day in torrential rain, but as we moved towards the coast, things started to look up.

We get to Livorno, pretty tired and slightly damp, but all in all a good day.

What greets us the following morning, is glorious sunshine, we make the most disorganised boarding onto the ferry to Corsica and what's waits for us on the otherwise is just driving Nirvana.

I disembarked, knew the rest of the tour were going to do Cap Corsa, and rather than putting people under pressure, I decided I'd go ahead and do my own thing.

Well, that didn't work out, I followed the sat nav for about 10km in the wrong direction as it wanted to cut off the 80 odd km of cap corsa, now I had to play catch-up. Time to open the taps on the big duke.

If you have not been to Corsica, go, it's fantastic. The roads are lovely and the countryside is gorgeous, you see all kinds of metal.

I knew I couldn't be more than 15km behind the pack so I went for it, the Multistrada was as really at home, it truly was outstanding, the termi spitting out V twin thunder, sun shining, music playing in my ears. Eventually I catch up with the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro