Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ducati Multistrada S DVT

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    That's outrageous Dave !

Certainly crossed off the list now if/when come to upgrade - the overall running costs really seem excessive if using it as it should be (and not being a garage queen). Leaning more towards the KTM 990 SMR or the BMW S1000XR instead TBH (different animals I know).

I remember the panic selling on the VFR800 VTEC's when it came close to the 16k mile valve clearance checks (you couldn't give them away then) as it was originally a horrendously expensive, main dealer only engine out job. The irony was that they never actually neeeded any adjustment, it was just Honda being over-cautious. The Desmo check of course is a necessity in fairness though....
    There is no arguing it is expensive. But it's a magnificent bike, it completely blows the 990, the 1290, and XR out of the water, all of which I've spent a lot of time on.

The cost is high but for my money, there's nothing to offer the same experience, I've never ridden a bike I'm more dialled in to and I'll only replace it with another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The cost is high but for my money, there's nothing to offer the same experience, I've never ridden a bike I'm more dialled in to and I'll only replace it with another one.
    High praise indeed ! My longer distance/higher mileage/touring days are long gone (someday again when the little ones grow up), so the idea of the hooligan within the speed limit(ish) ability of the SMR appeals to me tbh. It's only the odd Sunday spin and a couple of days a month commuting I do now sadly....

For the Alpine passes, the Duc is the one you want alright by the sound of it (with a full Zard maybe)...
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    For the Alpine passes, the Duc is the one you want alright by the sound of it (with a full Zard maybe)...

Already have a full titanium Termignoni

BMWHaus Guru
    Haven't updated this in a long time.

I ended up doing Tuscany and Corsica, what a trip.

Bikes were shipped out ahead of us again, bikes were waiting for us about 5km from Bologna airport.

As always, there was a big group of bikes but there were really just three of us who travelled together.

We got a bit unlucky with the weather, but we headed towards Florence.

We headed towards Chianti, plan was to make Radda in Chianti our main base and take a few day trips out from there.

We got rained on for the entire stay, went out a few days, I like riding in the rain, it's great practice for riding smooth. Took a spin to Siena.

BMWHaus Guru
    We spent a few days in Chianti, then moved back towards the coast heading to Livorno.

We spent half the day in torrential rain, but as we moved towards the coast, things started to look up.

We get to Livorno, pretty tired and slightly damp, but all in all a good day.

What greets us the following morning, is glorious sunshine, we make the most disorganised boarding onto the ferry to Corsica and what's waits for us on the otherwise is just driving Nirvana.

I disembarked, knew the rest of the tour were going to do Cap Corsa, and rather than putting people under pressure, I decided I'd go ahead and do my own thing.

Well, that didn't work out, I followed the sat nav for about 10km in the wrong direction as it wanted to cut off the 80 odd km of cap corsa, now I had to play catch-up. Time to open the taps on the big duke.

If you have not been to Corsica, go, it's fantastic. The roads are lovely and the countryside is gorgeous, you see all kinds of metal.

I knew I couldn't be more than 15km behind the pack so I went for it, the Multistrada was as really at home, it truly was outstanding, the termi spitting out V twin thunder, sun shining, music playing in my ears. Eventually I catch up with the pack.

BMWHaus Guru

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

We take a break, I notice that my clutch is a bit weird, I think to myself maybe there was a bit of air so quickly take out my tool kit and release some of air. I'm surprised to find air in the lines considering the fluid had been changed 2 months prior to the trip. It's all part of the adventure, so I set off and monitor my fluid levels, our destination is Calvi, I figure I can change the oil when I get there.

We had a fantastic blast down to Calvi, didn't get a chance to take any photos but did stumble across this beauty.

BMWHaus Guru
    Next day we head for Bonifacio, the roads and scenery just get better and better, as does bike, I changed the clutch fluid and everything seems good. I put together a little service kit to keep me going in case of further issues and make a break for Bonifacio.

Bonifacio is a gorgeous town, with a lot of money floating in and out.

BMWHaus Guru

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

The bikes definitely look like they're up to something.

Bonifacio at night

BMWHaus Guru
    Spent a few days in Bonifacio before heading back towards the mainland where we would spend our final day in Pisa

We went cross country, and came across this pair of beauties.

We kept moving and Corsica just kept on delivering scenery and near empty roads.

A couple of shots courtesy of some folks on the trip

We hit the Ferry, which was as disorganised as the inbound trip

That evening, we hit Pisa, which was where my trip ended

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    We headed towards Chianti, plan was to make Radda in Chianti our main base and take a few day trips out from there.
    Looks like a fab trip, even with the weather. We did the same thing a few years back, using Radda as a base for a few days. Beautiful area and did some fab hiking in the hills around the area. Great memories of the place, the hiking and the Chianti Classico Superior. The only time I've ever been truly scared driving a car was a rental picked up in Florence to drive to Radda. The city drivers were complete and utter nutters! I can't imagine what it was like there on a bike.

Also did some driving on Corsica. Great roads and routes for a bike I would have thought!
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.