Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ducati Multistrada S DVT

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Ducati Multistrada S DVT

Quote Originally Posted by KieranR
    Absolutely beautiful bike. Out of curiosity if you had to pick one, which would you prefer? A blast over the sally gap on the Ducati or in the M5?
    That's actually a very difficult question to answer, very different experience, if I could only ever do it once and I had to pick between the two it would probably be the Ducati.

The Ducati would be a lot faster across the gap, the M5 is capable but the bike would out accelerate it coming out of corners and there aren't really any long enough straights for the M5 to claw back.

I could probably rationalise picking either machine, with the M5 it's not just about speed, the sound of the S62 driven in anger is awesome, the M5 is also more lithe than its weight would suggest.

If I picked one I would probably regret not picking the other. Either option is a blast.

That is one cool looking machine Dave. Love the exposed look off it, kinda like your favourite model stripping her top off

BMWHaus Guru

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

It's arrived! Can't get it registered until Thursday though

BMWHaus Guru

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

Collection tomorrow morning! Not gonna sleep a wink tonight

BMWHaus Contributor

Nice write up. My dad has a 2009 Vstrom and ha seen thinking of up grading to a 131 GS like your first post.

Must get him to read your thoughts.

BMWHaus Guru

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC
    Nice write up. My dad has a 2009 Vstrom and ha seen thinking of up grading to a 131 GS like your first post.

Must get him to read your thoughts.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a very very good bike and as a second hand purchase represent tremendous value, especially if he's willing to import it, 13k should bring a decent 131 in from Germany and if he's worried about shipping I can pass on some details.

I'm just not one for boxer twins and I seem to be very much in the minority on that front.

A good friend of mine bought a 132 GS TE new, put 20k on it in a year and bought a 151 this years and he's already 11k in. He's currently in Norway on the thing and he thinks I'm an absolutely pillock buying the Ducati.

BMWHaus Contributor

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

That duke is by far the nicest out of the choices!!!good luck with it!! Looking forward to hearing how ya get on with it after you put a few miles on it!!

BMWHaus Guru

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

Quote Originally Posted by m3 mick
    That duke is by far the nicest out of the choices!!!good luck with it!! Looking forward to hearing how ya get on with it after you put a few miles on it!!
    Thanks, I'll shove up some photos tomorrow.

BMWHaus Guru

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

BMWHaus Contributor

Ducati Multistrada S DVT

That is lovely! Well wear. Very bright for 3.09 am