Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice options/touches/comforts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Wink Nice options/touches/comforts

Following on from this http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=6479&pid=86793#pid86793

How about we get a list going for options/touches/comforts that you like about your car or would like to have?

I'll get the ball rolling..

Heated seats
    Air con/climate control
    Auto dimming rear view mirror
    Sunroof
    Auto lights/wipers
    Adaptive light
    Folding mirrors

I like the "rest" function on the e92 actually, you can press it to have the fans on while the engine off (works for up to ~15mins after you switch off the engine) handy if you want to sit in the car for a while without having the engine running, or if you're popping into a shop on a hot day (Ha!) and want to keep the car cool for when you get back. I'll post more as I think of em

Nice options/touches/comforts

I have everything above bar the lights/wipers and sunroof and i do enjoy all of it its usefull

I really cant see the need for the auto wipers to be honest it takes me a nanonsecond to flick them on and its not like il forget as i tend to use the windscreen while driving

I like electric seats too as they offer a super precise seating position sure they add weight but its worth it for that alone

Id really like a sunroof unfortunately most cars that came with climate never had one

Lastly bluetooth connectivity and streaming is a huge factor as handsfree + tunes are an absolute must

I must try the rest function someday i never use it , it can be used in the winter is well to use the engines heat to keep the car warm 15 minutes after shutoff

Im a simple creature though and for the right car id make do with leccy windows and remote central locking

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Nice options/touches/comforts

Ya bet me to it Gar, Bluetooth streaming is a must for me!

I actually would like comfort access!

BMWHaus Guru

Oh yea! Bluetooth is great

I think the point of auto wipers isn't the on/off part, it's that it adjusts the speed and frequency to the intensity of the rain - I like that

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Oh yea! Bluetooth is great

I think the point of auto wipers isn't the on/off part, it's that it adjusts the speed and frequency to the intensity of the rain - I like that
    And when ya get a splash! Only thing i dint like is i have to switch them on when i start them car, might see if i can get them to be coded to be on on engine start.

BMWHaus Guru

Oh and armrest fridge is nice and not (too) over the top

Adaptive headlights with high beam assist.
    Steering wheel paddle shift gear change.
    Auto dimming and power folding exterior mirrors.
    Auto tilting passenger mirror when in reverse is a handy feature too.

BMWHaus Contributor

Rear blind and climate comfort windscreen(actually works)

BMWHaus Guru

Heated steering wheel , back up camera , rear privacy glass and side and rear sunshades are nice comforts on the f10 . The centre armrest is the best thing I put into the e36.

BMWHaus Contributor

I don't see the big appeal to adaptive headlights tbh.

I've had them in my LCI 535d with xenon, I had them in my pre LCI 525d with xenon and I've had standard xenon in my 530d and I've never noticed the headlights moving unless I parked right up against a wall and tested it.

On the road I think the car moves and the corners come and go to quick to notice the lights moving with the steering wheel.