Thread: De chroming/ blacking out e60 options? Plast dip etc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

De chroming/ blacking out e60 options? Plast dip etc

Hi

So I recently bought a black e60 with chrome around the Windows and also the front grill. I want to black them out.

Was thinking of trying plastdip, anyone else tried it? Or maybe wrapping the chrome? Or am I best off spraying the chrome parts? Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

RE: De chroming/ blacking out e60 options? Plast dip etc

Wrap or platidip would be the way to go.

Here's my e92 with the window trim and grills (including slats) wrapped.

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=5369&pid=85398#pid85398

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Wrap or platidip would be the way to go.

Here's my e92 with the window trim and grills (including slats) wrapped.

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=5369&pid=85398#pid85398

Cheers for that lovely e92 by the way.

Is there anyone you'd recommend for the wrap? Cost wise any idea what you would be looking at?

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks

@[JohnH] knows someone in Dublin that could do it.

If you're in Cork I can highly recommend "Signergry" in Frankfield, that's where I got mine done, there was a tiny and I mean tiny imperfection one one of the window trim wraps and he redid all of it for me and now it's perfect. I got rear window tints, window trim wrap, kidney grills wrap, and lower bumper grills plasti dipped for €260 so that can maybe give you an idea.

Thanks

If you're in Cork I can highly recommend "Signergry" in Frankfield, that's where I got mine done, there was a tiny and I mean tiny imperfection one one of the window trim wraps and he redid all of it for me and now it's perfect. I got rear window tints, window trim wrap, kidney grills wrap, and lower bumper grills plasti dipped for €260 so that can maybe give you an idea.

Cheers I'm in Kildare though but can travel to Dublin, Cork may be a bit to far.

That sound fairly reasonable imo I've already got the Windows done trim is next. Just need to find someone to do it now.

BMWHaus Guru

Yea I don't imagine there is any shortage of places that can wrap them so no need to come to Cork, I'm sure John will chime in or pm you the contact details for the guy he knows when he sees this.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marty mcfly
    Thanks

Cheers I'm in Kildare though but can travel to Dublin, Cork may be a bit to far.

That sound fairly reasonable imo I've already got the Windows done trim is next. Just need to find someone to do it now.
    Yea I don't imagine there is any shortage of places that can wrap them so no need to come to Cork, I'm sure John will chime in or pm you the contact details for the guy he knows when he sees this.
    Pm sent