Thread: Good e60 car mats?

Good e60 car mats?

Hi Saud I'd start a thread in here figured it's not worth having a thread on this in the 5 series section.

So I recently bought an e60 which has leaseplan car mats in it. So I'm looking to get decent ones for it.

A quick Google search throws up all kinds of results with no way of knowing quality.

Can anyone recommend ones or somewhere to buy decent ones?

Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Good e60 car mats?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty mcfly
    Hi Saud I'd start a thread in here figured it's not worth having a thread on this in the 5 series section.

So I recently bought an e60 which has leaseplan car mats in it. So I'm looking to get decent ones for it.

A quick Google search throws up all kinds of results with no way of knowing quality.

Can anyone recommend ones or somewhere to buy decent ones?

Thanks
    Oem ones are the best !

BMWHaus Contributor

2nd vote for OEM ones too.

OEM's only. They cost a bit more, but fitment is exact, quality is excellent and they last.

BMWHaus Guru

OEM only all the way

BMWHaus Guru

You have 2 choices, OEM Velour mats for the summer months & OEM rubber winter mats for the mucky weather.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Aren't they about 9 grand each though? :-D
    Surely there are some good non-branded but vehicle specific substitutes?

Quote Originally Posted by fraser5454
    Aren't they about 9 grand each though? :-D
    Surely there are some good non-branded but vehicle specific substitutes?
    I bought a set of luxury mats from Micksgarage for the m5 about a year ago and they spot on - good fit and the carpet is nice and deep

Clean up very well too

BMWHaus Guru

A set of OEM Black mats, front & rear, part number 51 47 9 117 174 will cost €122 from www.carparts-pros.com

There doesn't seem to be any availability of the winter rubber mats for RHD cars. For me the mats need to be spot on or they will take from the interior.

You might swing the same or better pricing from a dealer, or maybe start a "Group Buy" thread to gauge interest from others, with any model of BMW. As a group you might be able to negotiate a good discount if you were to have 10 buying at the same time. Also you might find a dealer with excess stock of mats & they may sell them off at a reduced price.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S