Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    The Tubi is non resonated on the M5 and there is no way it's quiet enough to technically pass the NCT. I don't think it was an issue for Wayne and it wasn't an issue for me.

I plan on fitting a resonated x pipe, as for normal driving it can be too loud and tends to drone.
    Loud is ok (once it's not wake-the-dead loud) but drone wouldn't be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    I think JohnH had an Eisenmann Race exhaust on his E92 M3 at one stage. It sounded fantastic for that moment where you wanted to hear some great noise. However in everyday use it might just have been that bit too loud.
    It also had a scheidenmann (spulling?) x pipe. It was sounded great but droned like hell on the motorway. Even with the x pipe gone and just the Eisenmann race on it it was still too much drone for every day use.
    It's strange I thought the reason you pay a lot of money for the Eisenmann was because there isn't supposed to be any drone, but a lot of people are mentioning drone on forums, someone on e90post even offered to drive to people and show them how much drone their was to persuade them not to buy it.... I wish there was someone around here with one fitted so I could see what it's like in person! Hard to spend circa 1.5K for something without seeing what it's like first!

BMWHaus Guru

19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    The Tubi is non resonated on the M5 and there is no way it's quiet enough to technically pass the NCT. I don't think it was an issue for Wayne and it wasn't an issue for me.

I plan on fitting a resonated x pipe, as for normal driving it can be too loud and tends to drone.
    Loud is ok (once it's not wake-the-dead loud) but drone wouldn't be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    I think JohnH had an Eisenmann Race exhaust on his E92 M3 at one stage. It sounded fantastic for that moment where you wanted to hear some great noise. However in everyday use it might just have been that bit too loud.
    It also had a scheidenmann (spulling?) x pipe. It was sounded great but droned like hell on the motorway. Even with the x pipe gone and just the Eisenmann race on it it was still too much drone for every day use.
    It's strange I thought the reason you pay a lot of money for the Eisenmann was because there isn't supposed to be any drone, but a lot of people are mentioning drone on forums, someone on e90post even offered to drive to people and show them how much drone their was to persuade them not to buy it.... I wish there was someone around here with one fitted so I could see what it's like in person! Hard to spend circa 1.5K for something without seeing what it's like first!
    The drone from it was atrocious. If you didn't know if cost a lot you'd assume it was cheap crap.

While it didn't wake the dead it did wake our baby on more than one occasion.

I was only too delighted to take £1k off a guy on m3cutters for it and return the car to standard

BMWHaus Guru

19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

Apparently applying Dynamat around the rear wheel wells reduces the drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks for the feedback gents I'll hold out till I hear one in person I think.

BMWHaus Guru

I thought the Eisenmann Race on my Z4M was the best £1500 quid I ever spent.

You cant make an omelete without breaking eggs.

And likewise you cant have a loud exhaust without some sort of drone.

These exhausts arent tuned for cruising speeds especially ones branded "race". Its sort of in the description.