Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Thumbs up 19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

Which one do you prefer?

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/19-exhaust-comparisons-that-bmw-335i-owners-need-to-hear/

From that video my 2 favourite by far were no.3 @ 00:45 (Eisenmann Race) and no.5 @1:35 (BMW Performance exhaust).

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: 19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

I'd be inclined to agree Peter...the eisenmann race is just the business. The sound ticks all the boxes.Definitely a first favorite followed by the performance exhaust.

BMWHaus Guru

Based on that video, I would agree with you Peter.

However that video doesnt represent a fair comparision between the different exhaust manufacturers as each car had different modification combinations that woul effect the final exhaust note - diff centre sections etc.

Although that being said, the Eisenmann and the Performance do sound great in the flesh.

The Performance exhaust has to be the best value, they are hard to beat for the money.

BMWHaus Guru

I think JohnH had an Eisenmann Race exhaust on his E92 M3 at one stage. It sounded fantastic for that moment where you wanted to hear some great noise. However in everyday use it might just have been that bit too loud.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Plus the Eisenmann Race isn't TUV approved so it will fail an NCT

BMWHaus Guru

Is "TUV Approved" a stamp that they look for on aftermarket exhausts? Or would they fail it on how loud it is I wonder?

BMWHaus Contributor

they are meant to take the car outside the test centre and test for loudness , but if you wanted you could get silencers made that go into the back box cost my brother €35 for his silencer simple 2 second job to fit and remove

BMWHaus Guru

I'm a "fit and forget" type of guy Steve I think if I end up pulling the trigger on an exhaust it will probably be the performance one, but I'm sticking with the stock one for now

BMWHaus Guru

19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

The Tubi is non resonated on the M5 and there is no way it's quiet enough to technically pass the NCT. I don't think it was an issue for Wayne and it wasn't an issue for me.

I plan on fitting a resonated x pipe, as for normal driving it can be too loud and tends to drone.

BMWHaus Guru

19 x 335i exhaust comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    I think JohnH had an Eisenmann Race exhaust on his E92 M3 at one stage. It sounded fantastic for that moment where you wanted to hear some great noise. However in everyday use it might just have been that bit too loud.
    It also had a scheidenmann (spulling?) x pipe. It was sounded great but droned like hell on the motorway. Even with the x pipe gone and just the Eisenmann race on it it was still too much drone for every day use.