Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E36 m3 Harman kardon speakers not working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E36 m3 Harman kardon speakers not working

Hi all
    So have the m3 on the road and have a few bits to do with it. First up is the stereo. It has the hardon kardon speakers (8 speakers) and amp in the boot the front speaker aren't working. There are 6 speakers not working in the front I took the passenger kick panel off this evening and removed the speaker, the speaker looks good it's Harman kardon speaker. I had two speakers in the garage so pluged one in place but still no good also tried the other one still no good so. There is a faint sound from the speakers when pluged in and crackling when turned up. I im thinking it's the amp thats the problem three speakers couldn't be faulty. Has anyone any experience with this. Anyone on here have a hardon kardon direct replacement amp from a bmw.

BMWHaus Guru

I have a hk e36 amp for sale if you're interested?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E36 m3 Harman kardon speakers not working

I had all the sound going to the rear speakers so make sure its not that .

BMWHaus Guru

Yep I'd say it's the amp that's faulty!

Thanks glitzer checked that alright. It must be the amp all 6 speakers couldn't be gone. Il take that amp off u john where bouts u located. Pm me ur number.

BMWHaus Guru

PM sent to you there now

Well lads so got the amp from john h on here but unfortunately it the wrong one was gutted when I went to change it yesterday. Johns one has one plug for power and speakers mine has 2 plugs on it. One for power I'd say and one for speakers. The part number for mine is 65 12 8 366 472 I'm looking for any information on these or the part if possible there must be one around here somewhere. There is one on eBay but il only get that if nothing else come up. How many e36 are fitted with these amps. My uncle has a scrap yard with a couple of e36s what are the chances there is one in them. What else are they fitted to?

Put the part no. Into realoem.com it will show all cars that it could have came in finding these in a breakers will be difficult not many cars spec'd with hk be much easier to just go the ebay route

BMWHaus Contributor

Have u opened up the amp? My last 2 m3s amps wer frigged half the speakers working etc, and when i took amp apart here was dry joints/cracks on some of the solders, so i just resoldered them!! Worked fine!

Cool Alan. I'm going to try that.