Thread: Sending item purchased on eBay back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sending item purchased on eBay back?

Wasn't sure where to put this, So feel free to move!

Anyway bought a set of rear lights for my Sierra on eBay advertised as a new pair.

-Turned up and 1 is cracked (About 1" long at the top),
    -There not a matching pair. (Different brands)
    -I tried to fit the 'Good' one and the fit is awful, There's 6 studs on the light to slide into the car and then tighten the nut on the inside. And it won't line without filling the holes on the car. (Which I don't want to do as the original ones sit perfectly!)

Now before I contact the seller (UK based)

Who's responsible for postage I paid from UK to Irl and from Irl back to the UK?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Sending item purchased on eBay back?

If they're not as described, and you paid on paypal, contact the seller - tell them you'd like a refund. If they don't play ball you can raise a paypal claim, who will more than likely back you up.

The paypal claim should cover your initial P&P charges too - so if the seller wants them back, you can tell him you are happy to return at his expense - it'll need to be a tracked service.

The key thing is that they can't be as described, or shown - so double check the listing and any photos they had up for signs of damage or the brands being different.

Thanks!

They were described as a NEW pair of SAP brand lights for a Sierra Sapphire, There's 1 a SAP and the other is some other brand. (Which is cracked at the top)

He also said they came with the rubber seals, But only 1 has a Seal (The SAP one)
    I tried the SAP one on the car and it doesn't want to line up 100% with the existing holes.

The photo in the ad was just a stock photo.

Only reason I bought these is genuine are impossible to get!

BMWHaus Contributor

Before you go down the road of opening a claim.
    Firstly what's their feedback score, if it very high give them the option of rectifying the situation at their cost before the threat of leaving negative feedback and opening a claim. I had a few situations of incorrect items delivered and at all times I got a positive result as I gave them option of correcting the issue without me leaving negative feedback, postage was always paid for by the seller. I might have been lucky but genuine sellers will try avoid negative feedback at all costs.

I've had two refunds (out of ~10 purchases) in the past year or so. The process was to message the seller first, saying that you'd like a refund. For me both sellers did a refund without hesitation, the feedback score was more valuable than the sale.

Just to update on this, Lights were sent back... Received a full refund this morning.

Now if only I can find some GENUINE FORD Amber rear lights for a Saph.

First and last time, I shall buy 'Replica' aftermarket parts.