Thread: County Kerry, places to visit? Road trip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

County Kerry, places to visit? Road trip

Hi everyone!
    Planning to visit county Kerry this weekend, just wondering if anyone could help me plan my trip. It's more about sightseeing.
    I'm leaving Dublin Sunday morning and planning to stay there for 2 days, if you know any nice roads to drive, or places to visit let me know.
    Thanks in advance

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: County Kerry, places to visit? Road trip

If your going to drive the ring of Kerry then make sure you include Valentia island and drive the ring of skellig too

BMWHaus Guru

Any part in particular you're heading to?

If you don't get into the black valley your missing out

Hit Tralee, drive the Connor pass toward dingle. Head out of dingle for ventry, drive slea head. Stop at tig aine just after the blasket Island in dun chaoin. Through ballyferriter and loop back to dingle. Head for Killarney via inch. When you reach Killarney at the golden nugget turn right, then left for Kate Kearney cottage ( valley). Drive through the valley, at 15mph and leave room for the horse and carts. When you reach the top turn left for molls gap, ladies view, torc waterfall, muckross house. Enter the town past Gleneagle, after the Nissan dealers turn left at lights for Ross castle. If you've time take a row boat out onto the lake, if not get on one of the tour boats and go for a walk out on the island in middle. Can't remember the name of it.

Back up to molls gap, left for kenmare. When in Kenmare head for castletownbere ( don't go all the way but drive some of the peninsula. Kenmare out to county bounds ( kilgarvan) back into Killarney in 25 mins.

Beer time

Thanks lads, thats a big help. I don't have any specific place to go, just want to take my second half for a nice weekend. Haven't been in Kerry yet, so this is time now