Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitting an alarm yourself?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Fitting an alarm yourself?

Just a heads up on this, I had a CEL system fitted on my E36 that gave up the ghost. I suspected the remote radio system so when I installed a new alarm I piggybacked on the old system. Might make your life easier if you can do the same.

Cheers for the heads up Ketron.
    Unfortunately I couldnt find any wiring diagrams for the old system so had to chase the wires myself.
    The previous alarm was only half way wired in and judging by the quality of their work I think I got off lucky that they didn't have a chance to do more.
    Certainly piggy backing off the old system helped hugely and meant I haven't had to extend any wires so far.

Rich - One minor bump in the road so im gonna send you an email now

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Rich (Lucifer) for the help he gave me getting the alarm installed.
    He took time out of his day and wrote a whooper of an email, breaking down where each wire goes and why. I definitely owe you a pint Rich

Thanks too to everyone with suggestions and number to ring.
    John I phoned Dwayne early yesterday morning when I was feeling less than confident about the work involved. He's away at the mo so I had to push on myself and luckily got everything sorted.

BMWHaus Guru

Hey man glad it's all sorted. If you need any further help pm me again no worries. Always satisfying when a job comes together.