Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone has had the same problem as me with their e60.

I bought my 2004 520 a few months back, and everything was perfect. After a few weeks the electrics began to act up once or twice (random indicating and window wiping) and the battery died a couple of times. One day I got in to the car and started it up and the idrive screen was totally blank and all sounds had gone, including the radio.

I checked around the fuses and they all seemed fine, then, after reading about the MPM units online I checked that and it was totally fried. It had been sitting in a small puddle of water as suspected, in the spare wheel well and the casing had literally melted.

I figured that could have been the reason for the idrive screen and radio dieing so I got a new one put in and programmed.

That went fine, but the idrive/sounds and radio are all still dead. The mechanic suggested I replace the radio next and told me to check around for a unit as they're meant to be fairly pricey from the dealers factory.

Anyone any ideas on where I should get one? He suggested autohaus who I'll be ringing tomorrow to price one from.

Just curious is there a specific one I need for my older model? (2004) there's no Bluetooth or anything on it, so I'm assuming I need a unit that exactly matches that?

All a bit lost on me I'm afraid, I just want it sorted really.

Thanks in advance, I've read through this forum a bit and seems to be very helpful!

Thanks,
Paddy