Thread: New owner, E46 M3 Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New owner, E46 M3 Questions

Hey!

Looking to buy an E46 M3, looking at this one at the weekend :

http://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/m3/2003-bmw-m3/8364624

Does anybody recognise it ?

Issue is that the clutch has started to slip, he was honest over the phone, is this an issue on a supposed 80k mile car ? (genuine?)

He has cartel report, but I am going to get my own aswell just incase its forged etc...

BMWHaus Guru

RE: New owner, E46 M3 Questions

Do you have the reg no? Looks fairly clean, and if all the checks have been carried out as mentioned in the ad, should be a good one. It's not unusual to see a clutch on a high performance car start to go at that mileage.. all depends on the type of driving done. IIRC mine was changed at 65k.

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Do you have the reg no? Looks fairly clean, and if all the checks have been carried out as mentioned in the ad, should be a good one. It's not unusual to see a clutch on a high performance car start to go at that mileage.. all depends on the type of driving done. IIRC mine was changed at 65k.
    The reg is 03 D 79268

That re assuring!

How much do you reckon the clutch/fly/bearing would cost to replace including garage fee ?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by endaitr
    The reg is 03 D 79268

That re assuring!

How much do you reckon the clutch/fly/bearing would cost to replace including garage fee ?
    Not an issue per say but a reg that high indicates that it is a UK import. Worth doing a good bit of digging in to the history.

The guys here will tell you all about the cracked floor where it meets the subframe. Budget for this work to be done on any car that doesn't specifically mention it being done. If it's not done then it will likely need to be done.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Ah ok, I don't know that car..thought it might have been 03d130 but no... eh you're probably looking at 600-800 for clutch and flywheel, not sure on labour. PM @[Valdelisbmw] on here. He knows these M's v well

BMWHaus Guru

Contact our site sponsor - Motor Confidence

http://www.bmwhaus.ie/forum/showthread.php?tid=101

He did work on my 335i and I can highly recommend him, lots of threads on his top notch work as well

BMWHaus Guru

Ah ok, I don't know that car..thought it might have been 03d130 but no... eh you're probably looking at 600-800 for clutch and flywheel, not sure on labour. PM @[Valdelisbmw] on here. He knows these M's v well
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36

He did work on my 335i and I can highly recommend him, lots of threads on his top notch work as well
    Is @[Valdelisbmw] not selling a better example? Or has he shifted it? Same colour with black leather???

Welcome to the forum by the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36

Is @[Valdelisbmw] not selling a better example? Or has he shifted it? Same colour with black leather???
    yEAH ? Hopefully hell see this!

Just been informed from a mate of a mate that viewed this one, good car but subframe aint good , gona give it a miss

BMWHaus Contributor

try and get the uk/ni regs for it and post them lots of these were driven in the border areas while still on ni plates and it might be more familiar to some on here if they had the uk/ni reg. my cousin had the identical car you never know it could be it!
    the reg had M3 DG and another letter in it i sold it for him to a guy in Dublin with 34K miles i think

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin46
    try and get the uk/ni regs for it and post them lots of these were driven in the border areas while still on ni plates and it might be more familiar to some on here if they had the uk/ni reg. my cousin had the identical car you never know it could be it!
    the reg had M3 DG and another letter in it i sold it for him to a guy in Dublin with 34K miles i think
    I did another cartel on it and the UK reg is GK03VOA