Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coilovers or Lowering springs??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Coilovers or Lowering springs??

11033178_1043159075702246_1452981807456425410_o (3).jpg

Hi Guys,

So I am trying to make the big decision of making my 2005 e46 m-sport coupe sit a bit better. There is nothing wrong with the current m-sport suspension. I just got new wheels recently and upgraded to 19's 8.5 on the front and 9.5 rears. It is sitting ok on the back but I do feel that the front is still a bit high. I was hoping by getting the new 19's it would fill the arches better (which it has) but I still think the wheels could be closer to arch all round. This car is never really going to be going to a track it will only be for road use, I don't want anything that will shake my teeth out basically.

Has anyone got coilovers or lowering spring that they could recommend that I don't have to get a mortgage to fund...

I admit I am a complete novice at this sort of thing and some education as to what direction I should take would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
    A picture above will hopefully explain what I mean.
    I look forward to the feedback.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Coilovers or Lowering springs??

Coilovers are for track use. The reason they got popular is the adjustability in them. So companies decided to make cheap ones like JOM and FK. They are shite. You'd want to be spending 1000 for a decent coilovers set up but it's not needed for your use

H&R or Eibach sportline are highly recommended springs on this forum. Only 200/250 euro. Well worth it. Improves the look height wise but still have the comfort.

I got sportlines (e46) on ebay.ie for €130 delivered. Arrived in 3 days.

der autoladen was the seller if memory serves.

BMWHaus Contributor

That's cheap. Great find!

Yep german ebay or amazon.de prices around 130e delivered

Sure was. Initially they mistakenly sent me e36 springs in the e46 box if ya get me. But, they paid my return freight and sent the right ones with zero fuss so straight up seller that I would recommend..

Ok so I have been searching for the eibach sportline springs and all I can find for the 320cd is the pro kit springs is there a huge difference between the sportline and the prokit springs?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

The pro kit is a similar height to msport height so you won't notice much. Sport line is the better option.

Guys with SE shocks go to pro kit to get M height. Or sport line to really drop it. Because they are a softer shock vs M shocks.

Coilovers or Lowering springs??

This is ours on a prokit with 19" wheels

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/EIBACH-Sportline-Federn-50mm-BMW-3er-E46-Lim-Coupe-6Zyl-Diesel-E20-20-001-03-22-/310760013935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item485ab d806f

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Eibach-Sportline-Federn-fur-BMW-E20-20-001-03-22-/301565855816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&fits=Platform% 3AE46&hash=item4636b9c848