Thread: E90 light control module / footwell module

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E90 light control module / footwell module

So I just got diagnosed with a dodgy LCM and have been quoted 405+vat for a new one.

Has anyone successfully fitted a second hand one with reprogramming to their e90, mines 2008 and I think LCM2 module. I've read it can be done if someone has the right software but I'd be nervous of going this route and not working out.

RE: E90 light control module / footwell module

What are your symptoms?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    What are your symptoms?
    +1
    I was told same about mine after the wires in loom broke, but i reset it using inpa/tool32 . Worked perfect bmw sed it cudnt be done!

What are your symptoms?
    It started with a tail light bulb out warning, checked all lights and all are working fine. Then the indicators started blinking double speed both sides and again no bulbs out. When this happened I was getting more light errors for fogs, heads, dips, tails etc you name it and the bong was going off for it.

Checked the wire loom to the boot and it's fine. Swapped out the rear tail light bulb holders with another e90 and no joy, but, since I did that it cleared a heap of the light errors and left me with the original tail light warning.

So went got it read off and it came back with FRM error and even described my exact fault so I'm guessing it's common enough getting though my mechanic hasn't done one before.

When I called up bmw for a quote for a replacement the lad said they have a few of these of late in the dealers.

It seems you can replace with a second hand one but the prob is the LCM holds VIN and mileage details so would need syncing up with my car. If you don't do tis your left with a red do to the odometer to show mileage tampering :-( which I'd prefer avoid.

The joys of BMW motoring!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by declan_8
    What are your symptoms?
    It started with a tail light bulb out warning, checked all lights and all are working fine. Then the indicators started blinking double speed both sides and again no bulbs out. When this happened I was getting more light errors for fogs, heads, dips, tails etc you name it and the bong was going off for it.

Checked the wire loom to the boot and it's fine. Swapped out the rear tail light bulb holders with another e90 and no joy, but, since I did that it cleared a heap of the light errors and left me with the original tail light warning.

So went got it read off and it came back with FRM error and even described my exact fault so I'm guessing it's common enough getting though my mechanic hasn't done one before.

When I called up bmw for a quote for a replacement the lad said they have a few of these of late in the dealers.

It seems you can replace with a second hand one but the prob is the LCM holds VIN and mileage details so would need syncing up with my car. If you don't do tis your left with a red do to the odometer to show mileage tampering :-( which I'd prefer avoid.

Do u have inpa/tool32? Id try reset it first as i had same problem with my one!

Quote Originally Posted by alan b
    Quote Originally Posted by declan_8
    What are your symptoms?

Do u have inpa/tool32? Id try reset it first as i had same problem with my one!
    I don't have access to either and I think it's the genuine bmw software program the mechanic uses as he works for them himself.

Would it make any difference what program was used to reset the error.

My double blinking indicators are back today too.

BMWHaus Contributor

bmw cant and wont do it with there software,i can do it with tool32, need to go and reset every lighting circuit one by one until the error goes away! i got the cable and software online for 35 euro!