Thread: 02 Convertible, rear side window issue

02 Convertible, rear side window issue

When closing the roof last night all went fine until I tried to close the windows. Rear side window (3/4 one) would not raise more than half way. I'm guessing it could be a sensor, as the drivers door stopped in the same position. Was able to raise it separately.
    Google tells me of similar instances but in my case the motor is still functioning. All ideas greatly received.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: 02 Convertible, rear side window issue

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto
    When closing the roof last night all went fine until I tried to close the windows. Rear side window (3/4 one) would not raise more than half way. I'm guessing it could be a sensor, as the drivers door stopped in the same position. Was able to raise it separately.
    Google tells me of similar instances but in my case the motor is still functioning. All ideas greatly received.
    Sorry for the late reply rob, I had all the regulators checked, the drivers one can be slow the of time but never stopped? As for rear driver's side I'm guessing it may have come away from the black rail that it rises on,
    I was told it should have been bonded to it but I just pulled them together level,
    It only happened me once or twice?

That seems to be the issue alright. See pic attached.

Did you push the glass towards the plastic or the other way round? Tried to manipulate the glass while raising it but no joy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Resolved!!

Plastic trim needs to be bonded to the glass. As a result it slips and fouls the mechanism. Pulling the trim piece upwards solves the problem short term.