Thread: Removing number plate bulbs .....?

Removing number plate bulbs .....?

So I recently bought a set of led bulbs for the m5 ... Did the two in the boot first but looking at the number plate ones they seem tricky ...

Is there a knack to them ... There doesn't seem to be any play in them at all to pop them out ... There is a slot to one side that looks like ha would put a flat head in but I can't be sure

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to remove these effectively as to my mind Iam a dead cert to break them to bits ??

HELP!!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Removing number plate bulbs .....?

Quote Originally Posted by DamienOS
    So I recently bought a set of led bulbs for the m5 ... Did the two in the boot first but looking at the number plate ones they seem tricky ...

Is there a knack to them ... There doesn't seem to be any play in them at all to pop them out ... There is a slot to one side that looks like ha would put a flat head in but I can't be sure

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to remove these effectively as to my mind Iam a dead cert to break them to bits ??

HELP!!
    You're right.

This should give you the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLJaUXMX54M

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    This should give you the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLJaUXMX54M

I actually saw that video this morning ... Seems simple enough .

I can't help but feel this will still end up in me buying two new holders lol

Lol, just take time and pay attention to the movement required, its not an up and in job. 3 steps like the E92. Release the clip using something flat into the slot, that'll give you the play you need to release the right side of the holder, then the left side will come out (loom side).

BMWHaus Contributor

Flat head screw driver in the slot and ease it across - go easy now :wink: